Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lights, Camera, Action!

Once again it has been a while since I have updated and I am sorry. Lots of different things have went on since I posted last.  Back in August we had a movie night fundraiser with some dear friends (The McCosh's) who are adopting for Ghana.  We had a great turnout of friends a family.  We ended up making about $250 each.  We are so grateful!  

When we first started our adoption process a sweet young lady, who went to church with us up until she got married and went off to college, told me that she would love to help us in someway raise money to bring our sweet baby home.  I contacted her back in August and we tossed around a few ideas and she and her husband wanted to do a photo shoot and interview our family about the adoption process! I was so excited about this because we wanted to apply to be a feature family for Give1Save1.  So we traveled to Dayton Tennessee to meet up with the Kelley's for our debut on the big screen!  For those of you who know me personally know that I cannot shut-up!  I talk all the time.  Well not so when someone is taping me.  I was at a loss for words (I know that is HARD for you guys to believe but it is true!).  Arleigh was a ham as usual.  You will see this in the video.  Hannah and Justin were so patient with us!  I am so grateful they offered to do this for us.  Here are a few of the pictures that they took for us.  

                                We had so much fun playing on the playground with the girls. 

                        Arleigh's favorite part was going to SnoBiz for snow cones!

I am not able to put the video on here yet because I got word on 10/05/12 we were picked for Give1Save1 and our video will be linked to their page!  I am so excited! What this is, is a week long fundraiser where they will feature us on their blog and let everybody know our story, show our video and give people an opportunity to donate to us during that week! What a wonderful opportunity to be picked for this!  Our week is going to be the week starting October 22nd!  We are excited to see what God is going to do with this! Please continue to pray for us.  We are #54 on the list! Hopefully it will not be much longer before we get to bring our baby home!

No comments:

Post a Comment