Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Long Time Coming!

Since my husband and I announced our plans to adopt, I have been asked several times if we had a blog and of course we did not, mainly because it seemed overwhelming to me. I have never considered myself to be a great writer but we do have a story that needs to be told.  So here it goes....

My husband, Dwane, has said for as long as I can remember that he would like to adopt someday but I myself had not given it much thought until the past year.  God started stirring our family's hearts for adoption and I was really scared at first and even tried to back out. It is amazing how God works. After I had told Dwane that I was not sure this is what God wanted for us (which was actually my fear), he said okay and we continued to pray about the situation.  After that time during my daily devotions, a  book I was reading and a Bible study I was involved in kept bringing up adoption. So I knew then what God's answer was for our family, but I continued to pray and had not said anything to anyone about it yet because my whole family was on board and they were waiting on me. God was still working on me (I am a worrier by nature and sometimes it just takes hold of me).


Dwane and I got confirmation from God through the youth pastor at our church what was in store for us. It was truly a God moment when we both knew in our hearts that this was what we were supposed to do. 

We started the process back in November to get the ball rolling. It is amazing how God has used our friends and people we do not even know to support us during this process. As most people know adoption is very expensive but I have learned that if God tells you to do something he will provide the means for you to do it. Look out family and friends we will be doing some hard-core fundraising to bring this baby home!

We initially started the process of adopting through Rwanda. However with them having issues with getting Hague implemented in their country, we have been given the opportunity to change locations.  We  have prayed about this and it is looking like Ethiopia is where we will be going (after approval from our agency).  We cannot wait  to bring this little one into our family! 

I know this is a long post but I feel like I have left so much out! I am going to try to get a timeline up so you can see just where we are in this journey. Please pray for us that we do what God wants us to every step of the way not what we want!

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your family through this journey. Very beautiful story and I am so excited for you.

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete